Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fashion tips (running)

Here we go, more useless information!

Unless of course you care what people think about you "on the run", not something I have ever really cared about, these days I am lucky if my socks match, and I still wear some of the stupid shorts I purchased over ten years ago at race expo's in the states - the price was too good to pass up!

I was reminded of this as I stood at a red light today, with Jefferson, and beside us was a gal jogging on the spot.

like we haven't all seen this before...

Anyone guilty as charged reading this?

Tap on shoulder....

Ipod headphones come off, quizzical look in my direction...

"May I ask why you are doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Jogging on the spot, I'll give you some advice, it's not going to make you look any more
cool"

(She has that "look", like she not only wants to get fit but more importantly fit in"...

"Oh, I'm not a jogger"

(What the hell are you then I want to ask?

"It's much better to either stand and wait for the light, or run that way for 15 seconds, turn around and come back, jogging on the spot makes you look like a jogger"

"Consider this free fashion advice!"

"Okay, thanks I guess..."

She stops. light turns green, we both proceed....

"You'll thank me later one day for this"...as we pedal along looking for the next fashion victim....ah these young newbies, never appreciative of such wise words of wisdom...

More advice to follow, maybe Runner's World needs a guest column here?


PD
peter@mynextrace.com